About our School
The purpose of the Veterans Memorial Academy is to provide support for first time ninth graders transitioning from middle school to the larger and academically challenging San Benito High School. Our special academy classrooms, located in separate areas from the ninth grade classrooms, are currently open to students in grades 9-12 allowing them opportunities to experience real world settings in the career fields of health sciences, law & research, and engineering & technology.
VMA Mission Statement
Together, we shall build an authentic 21st Century Ninth Grade Academy.
VMA Vision Statement
The vision of San Benito Veterans Memorial Academy is to be the gold standard in all areas of public education.
- VMA will increase academic achievement for all students, thus closing the gap between student populations in pursuit of advanced performance.
- VMA will recruit, develop, support, and retain effective teachers, principals, and other instructional staff.
- VMA will implement program initiatives and activities that reflect a commitment to preparing all students for post-secondary education and career paths.
- VMA will provide all students a safe, drug-free learning environment that is conducive to learning.
- VMA will collaborate with parents and the community to ensure all students receive a gold standard education.
“We Believe, We Appreciate, We Prepare”
Growing Responsible, Organized, Wise Leaders!